Hello all! It’s time for the book review! Thursdays are going to be romantic book reviews. I don’t really read much romantic novels but I have read plenty of romantic books to give a book review!
So today, I selected One New York Christmas by Mandy Baggot. I know Christmas is long over but thought I would share this book with you all!
Will this Christmas romance be just for the holidays?
A fun, festive romantic comedy to curl up with this winter. If you love Josie Silver’s One Day in December, you’ll love Mandy Baggot’s heart-warming festive romance.
Lara Weeks is heading to New York with best friend Susie for the Christmas trip of a lifetime.
A festive break in the snowy Big Apple visiting the tourist hotspots, not to mention the shopping, seems like the perfect way for Lara to get over her ex-boyfriend. Or maybe make him so jealous he begs for a second chance.
Enlisting the help of gorgeous actor, Seth Hunt, doesn’t quite go to plan, but there’s something about him that has Lara wishing for a different kind of happy ever after…
- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: Ebury Press (Fiction) (15 Nov. 2018)
- Language: English
- Genre :- Women’s Fiction/ Romance/Humorous
Mandy Baggot is an international bestselling and award-winning romance writer represented by Tanera Simons of The Darley Anderson Literary, TV and Film Agency.
The winner of the Innovation in Romantic Fiction award at the UK’s Festival of Romance, her romantic comedy novel, One Wish in Manhattan, was also shortlisted for the Romantic Novelists’ Association Romantic Comedy Novel of the Year award in 2016. Mandy’s books have so far been translated into German, Italian, Czech and Hungarian.
Mandy loves the Greek island of Corfu, white wine, country music and handbags. Also a singer, she has taken part in ITV1’s Who Dares Sings and The X-Factor.
Mandy is a member of the Society of Authors and lives near Salisbury, Wiltshire, UK with her husband and two daughters.
Visit Mandy’s website at http://www.mandybaggot.com
This is the first time I have read Mandy Baggot’s books. I really like the cover and although I am not much of a romantic novel fanatic, I decided to try out this one.
So in a nutshell, Lara Weeks is a simple farm girl from a small town called Appleshaw. She gets a call from her boyfriend, Dan, who wants to end things with her. Heartbroken, Lara with the help of her best friend Susie, tweets to an actor named Seth Hunt and together they fly to New York to meet Seth with Lara hoping to win her boyfriend back. And what follows is the funny romantic story.
As usual, I will start with the ones I like about the book.
- As I said, I am not much of a romantic novel fan and so certainly, this book is not really my cup of tea. However, I enjoyed reading this book and didn’t want to end the book.
- All the characters in the book are likable. I don’t think there’s a character that I didn’t like in the book.
- It was actually fun and enjoyable to read and the reader will actually find themselves to be enjoying Christmas in New York.
- I also like the part about finding Seth’s biological mother and also his relationship between him and his adopted family.
- This book is cheesy and of course there is some drama involved in the book.
- some parts in the book was realistic. For example, Seth Hunt is actually a struggling actor and shows how he struggles to find a role.
Now about the parts where I didn’t like in the book.
- To be honest, there is nothing in this book that I didn’t like about. The only negative thing about the book I can tell is that some parts of the book are unrealistic.
Overall, I rate this book as five stars! I recommend this book to anyone who likes to read a good cheesy romantic book!