Hello all!!! So let’s get away from book reviews and talk about genre for a while…
So what is actually a genre?
Genre is a noun, depicting a style or category in arts, music and literature. So in books, there are many different types of genre as we all know–thriller, romance, historical fiction, YA, literary fiction…
So today, I am going to be talking about my favorite genre, why I like that particular genre and my favorite books of that genre
So my favorite genre is….thriller/mystery!
Why do I like that type of genre???
So here are the reasons
- Solving a puzzle–when reading a thriller books is like you are solving a puzzle on your own. Like who did that? Why? All these questions are coming into your head with various characters in the books looking like suspects of that crime. So that’s why I like it.
- The mystery behind the character–a good thriller usually make the protagonist naive or weak with a questionable and regrettable past that seems to haunt them. So as a reader, we want to know more about the protagonist’s past.
- The thrill–when reader a thriller book, you feel a sudden thriller, keeping yourself on the edge with each unexpected twists and turns in each chapter. I like that feel of the thrill
- Real world–most thrillers are realistic–the stories are based on real-life situations. I like books that are realisitc.
- Female protagonists–truth to be told, a protagonist female is more interesting to read than a male one.
So here are some of my favorite psychological thriller books which I also recommend to you all, if you haven’t read it yet. (some of these books I will do a review)
- The Girl on the Train – Paula Hawkins
A very interesting book, with twists and turns. I haven’t watched the movie but would recommend this book to anyone who hasn’t read it.
2. The Woman in Cabin 10 – Ruth Ware
Though the first few chapters were a bit boring, it got more interesting towards the end. I really enjoyed reading this book.
3. I Let You Go- Clare Mackintosh
This is a good book, mingled with a tragic accident and domestic abuse, I enjoyed reading it (will be doing a review on this book)
4. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo–Stieg Larsson
One of the best thrillers I have read, and I simply couldn’t put this book down. If you haven’t read the book yet, you should read it.
5. Gone Girl– Gillian Flynn
Another one of the best thriller books I have read, with unexpected twists and turns.
So what are your favorite books in this genre?