Summer has never been so scandalous…
When Violet moves to Swallow Beach, she inherits a small Victorian pier with an empty arcade perched on the end of it, and falls in love immediately. She wants nothing more than to rejuvenate it and make it grand again – but how?
When she meets hunky Calvin, inspiration strikes. What if she turned the arcade into an adult-themed arcade full of artisan shops?
Not everyone in the town is happy with the idea, but Violet loves her arcade and business begins to boom. But as tensions worsen and the heat between her and Calvin begins to grow, life at Swallow Beach becomes tricky. Is it worth staying to ride out the storm? And can Violet find her own happy ending before the swallows fly south for the winter?
Sexy, sassy and full of heart, Kat French is back in a new summer sizzler.
No. of pages:- 305 pages
Date published:- June 28th 2018
This is the first book I have read from this author and surprisingly I enjoyed reading this book.
Plot:- After her grandfather Henry died, Violet inherits a pier in Swallow Beach–the place where her grandparents her mother used to live. Violet decides to move into the pier. While there, she meets Cal who looks more like a handsome Greek God, Barty, an eighty year old man who remembers Violet’s grandmother. But as Violet is getting used to live in Swallow Beach, Gladys the mayoress did not want pier to go to Violet and the fact that she was planning to convert adult themed park.
- The story is really good! The plot was good and the author actually did a good job, making the reader hooked into the story.
- The characters except for Gladys and Ursula are likable characters, particularly Violet.
- I like the slow budding romance between Violet and Cal and how Violet soon got the community to support her.
- While reading this book, I felt like I was in Swallow Beach with the characters.
- There were some funny and comical moments in the book that I was bursting out laughing at some scenes!
- The book started a bit slow but then it picked up its momentum towards the end.
Overall, this is a cozy, romance book that you feel like you are enjoying the summer at Swallow Beach with Violet!
Kat writes romantic comedy for HarperCollins. She lives in England with her husband, two little boys and two crazy cats. She loves all things romance – reading it, watching it, and most of all, writing it. Mildly addicted to wine and fairy lights.
She also writes steamy erotic romance as her USA Today bestselling naughtier alter-ego Kitty French.
If you’d like to receive Kat’s newsletter about upcoming releases, please email on email@example.com