Title:- We Were Liars
Author:- E. Lockhart
Date published:- May 13th 2014
No. of pages:- 242 pages
Overall rating:- 4/5
A beautiful and distinguished family.
A private island.
A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate, political boy.
A group of four friends—the Liars—whose friendship turns destructive.
A revolution. An accident. A secret.
Lies upon lies.
We Were Liars is a modern, sophisticated suspense novel from New York Times bestselling author, National Book Award finalist, and Printz Award honoree E. Lockhart.
And if anyone asks you how it ends, just LIE.
This is one of the hyped books and I was wondering why this book is so much hype. So I got the book and started reading this book.
Here are the things I liked about the book
- The ending was where it hooked me up the entire story.
- The twist at the end was quite unexpected.
- I like the map and the family tree that was written at the front of the book, explaining about Sinclair family and the location of the island, which was very helpful when reading the book.
- Do like the friendship between Johnny, Mirren, Gat and Cady particularly I do like the romantic relationship between Gat and Cindy
- The story was realistic as it talked about racism and white privilege.
However, the story was slightly predictable, knew what was going to happen and the first part of the story was slightly boring.
Overall, this book worth four stars.
E. Lockhart is the author of Again Again, Genuine Fraud, We Were Liars and Family of Liars, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks, and several other books. Whistle: A New Gotham CIty Hero is a graphic novel.